Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shower drain

Tuesday I installed the shower drain.

I had to cut open the floor to fit the drain over the pipe.  The opening I made was just a touch smaller than the size of the drain.  The floor hole size is halfway between the size of the drain and the next ring.  The small outer ring is beveled and I cut the hole at an angle so the drain fits nicely.

I had to trim the pipe size shorter and ended up in the crawl space to cut the pipe to a length just below the floor.  I didn't have much room in the crawl space so it was slow and hard to cut the pipe level.

I added the screws around the drain to hold it in place in the floor.  The screws overlap the edge of the drain.

Before and after.


Before and after.


Now I am ready for Kevin to make the shower pan.

No comments: