Saturday, August 04, 2012

Horse and bunny

Now that it is not that time of the month "The Bitch" no longer needs "Stud".  Lily, who had tried to keep a low profile around "The Bitch" has not escaped The Bitch's notice.  The Bitch was following Lily around harassing her.  The other morning I saw The Bitch take a bite out of Lily's back leg leaving a red bloody bite.  The Bitch wore Lily down and now Lily keeps close to The Bitch.  She tries attend to The Bitch's needs to keep on her good side.  However whenever the Bitch suddenly moves I notice Lily flinches.   It seems as if Lily is The Bitch's 'little bitch' now.  Sad to see.

So Stud is on the outs and often is off by himself.  Friday night when I returned from spraying weeds Stud was standing in the loafing shed in the corral alone while the three female horses together were eating in the NE pasture.  Well, Stud wasn't completely alone, 'Black Bunny' is back and was sitting in the corral keeping Stud company.


The Bitch heard me talking to Stud and soon she came with the other horses following her 'Royal Highness' to see what was going on.  You know, she can't miss out if I open a gate or be nice to another horse.


Earlier when I was heading out with my backpack sprayer to the north pasture, The Bitch and Lily were in the corral as I entered it.  Firefeather and Stud were in the NE pasture and Firefeather saw me walk from the house.  She didn't see that I entered the corral but she gave out a whinny calling out to the other horses.  Lily, who was at the water trough as I entered the corral, gave a loud reply whinny to which Firefeather responded.  Then I heard a horse run.  Firefeather came galloping into the corral and I was between her and Lily.

Just what did Lily whinny?!

With my backpack sprayer full of water, and my injury, there was no way I could move quickly if Firefeather decided to run me down.  However Firefeather ran around me and over to Lily and came to a stop.  She turned around and started to calmly walk towards me so I could pet her but I had weeds to spray and I got out of the corral.

These female horses are nothing but drama.

No comments: