Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Pesticide spray

Yesterday Donna helped me spray the cattle with a pesticide to help protect the cattle from insects.

Ivermectin Pour-On for cattle is for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited Ostertagia ostertagi), lungworms, grubs, horn flies, sucking and biting lice, and sarcoptic mange mites in cattle.

I sprayed the cows and the bull.  I did not spray the calves.  I didn't run the bull through the loading ramp area as I think he may be too big to fit through the gate at the end of the loading ramp.  I chased the bull around the south corral section.  He didn't want to be sprayed so I had to run after him four times to spray different parts of his back.

When I put out a large hay bale that evening I also let the bull out of the south corral to be with the cows.  The evening of May 31 was close enough to June 1 to start the breeding.  No cows must be in heat right now as I haven't see him "court" any cows yet.

Cattle in the loading ramp area.


It was easier to spray the back of the cattle along their spine when they were in the loading ramp.  You can see my spray nozzle next to the railroad tie on the right side.

No comments: