Thursday, June 10, 2021

Into the fruit tree area

The yard is pretty much eaten down.  The cattle could graze on it a little more but I don't want to worry about them breaking the fence to get into the taller grass in the hayfield.  So this evening I let them into the fruit tree area and that taller grass.  And now I can sleep later in the morning and not get up multiple times to see if the cattle area still in the yard or if they broke a fence.

Before letting the cattle into the fruit tree area I had to first do a few things to protect stuff.  Before it started to rain a few days ago I was digging up and removing the grass that had grown right up and around the rhubarb plants.  I had gotten lots done before it got dark that day.  I wanted to dig a larger area free of grass but that will have to wait for another day.  Today I placed my black wire barriers around the rhubarb plants.  And a few other things to better protect some of the smaller fruit trees.  And I placed a water trough in the area so the cattle can remain in there all the time.

We had cold and rain most of the day so I got wet and cold.



Diamond on the left has yet to have her calf.


Then early evening when we had break in the rain I let the cattle into the fruit tree area and filled the water trough with water.


Come on little ones.  Your Mamas are calling for you to join them.

Muscles before he went into the fruit tree area.  He doesn't move well.

No comments: