Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Trees, flowers, etc.

101 degrees here today.  Hot.   This afternoon I rode my bicycle to the John Deere dealership south of town.  12 miles away.   For over two weeks I have my tractor there to be fixed.  No news from them about it.  No answered or returned phone calls.  In person they talked to me.  They are still waiting on a new console and have no idea when it will be shipped or arrive. They haven't gotten an answer from the John Deere headquarters/warehouse.   Apparently these days parts with electrical components are not being made/shipped/whatever.  I want to cut my hayfield and I have no tractor right now.

Even though it was hot outside I wasn't hot when riding my bicycle.  So I rode extra places to ride more miles.  38 miles in total.  I've discovered that in addition to losing my sense of appetite after my head injury, and having to eat even if I am not hungry, I now learned I had also lost my sense of thirst.  I was south of town and my mouth and lips started to feel really dry.  Between the heat and time I hadn't drank water in a while.  I wasn't thirsty but it turns out I needed to drink water.  Fortunately Donna's sister Jane and her husband live south of town so I stopped at their place to ask for a glass of water.   I hadn't talked to them in a long time, so many hours later I rode my bicycle home in the evening.  Well... it was too hot to do any work outside.  Why not talk?

So what to post about tonight?   How about a few odd-and-end photos.


Time passes. Some trees were shorter back then.  Around 15 years ago I pastured a few horses.  One of the horses would walk over an evergreen tree, and going forward and backwards over and over, bend the tree and use it to rub the horse's belly.  Can you guess which tree that was?



I would like to prune the dead branches.  But next to the house you can see how tall that tree is.  No way I can climb up that high in the tree.  Going a quarter to a third up the tree seems very high off the ground.



Last year's backyard fence rebuild. Even a few weeks ago the hay was tall enough to be cut, and the lilac bush still had blossoms on it.



My annual photo of my poppy flowers.  The cattle were able to reach the other poppy flower and eat it.

No comments: