Friday, June 11, 2021

Stump 12 for the year

I have a few more tree stumps to post about.  This stump is the last bonfire burn removal.  When I got ready to burn stump 11 to get rid of the last wood from a wood pile, I ended up discovering yet another tree stump starting to poke out of the ground nearby.  Really?!  Another stump?

This stump, #12, was not a large stump.  But it was easier to burn it out instead of chop it out.  So I got a few wheelbarrows of wood from another wood pile, which then later led me down a path to get rid of this wood pile.  More about that in another post later.

I only needed one night of a bonfire to get rid of the stump.  Rain was in the forecast and it rained the next day.  But I had enough ash around the stump that the stump kept smoldering/burning even when it rained.

I forgot to take a photo before I started digging.  But you've seen photos of other stumps where one could hardly see the stump in the ground before the digging stated.



Enough dug.  Ready for a bonfire to get rid of the stump.


Lots of bonfire photos.














Stump 11 (left) and stump 12 (right) still smoldering/burning the next day during the rain as I took the photo.



A couple of days later.

All done.

Stumps 3 and 4 in the background.  On the left is stump B.  It was a stump that I had just chopped the top off for a few inches into the ground and called it "removed".  I don't think I posted about it before.  I forgot to give the stump a number, so I will call it B for now.  I had found this stump after I dug around stump 4 and before I dug around stump 5.

On the right forefront was stump 12.


Here is a photo of Stump B.



Here is a 2 minute 19 second video of the bonfire: https://youtu.be/R0bfBdsN6Ho

No comments: