Sunday, June 27, 2021

Tree stump 17 for the year

Hopefully this will be the last tree stump I work on this year.  I hadn't planned on working on this stump but after I mowed the lawn I decided now was the time to get rid of some of the stump's side roots.  Otherwise I have to be careful when mowing so as not to have the lawn mower blade hit one of the side roots that are at ground level.

I've removed other tree stump side roots this year, and this stump only has three, so how hard could this be?  Of course harder than I thought.

As you can see in the photos one of the side roots was massive.  It was the size of a tree trunk in itself.

The tree stump will remain for now.  I don't need it this year for firewood and don't need more work or time spent removing it.

This tree became a tree stump back in June of 2012.

https://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2012/06/sudden-bad-storm.html




Here is how the tree stump looks now, 9 years later.













Rascal spent some time with me while I worked on the removing the side roots.  See his blog for photos of him.

No comments: