Friday, June 18, 2021

Tree stump 13 for the year

This isn't a stump I got rid of this year.  But I got rid of lots of its side roots.  Mainly this is a tree trunk  I cut up earlier this year.  Then some of the wood in a pile under the tree trunk I used for my earlier bonfires this year.




This is when I started - and got sidetracked - in getting rid of the roots that are just below the ground and were under the former pile of wood and tree trunk.  Apparently the side roots at ground level must be why I stacked the wood next to the tree years ago before the tree was blown over on top of the wood.


Some of the ground level side roots I got rid of.

More side roots at ground level.




Some side roots grew over and under other side roots, and around and around.





Some of the boards/wood that was left after my bonfires.  The pallet in front, with only a few boards on it, was almost as tall as the other boards on the other pallet.  When digging other tree stumps I would carry a handful of boards back home when done digging for the day.  By the time I took this photo most of the boards from the front pallet were gone.



A later photo.  I used a wheelbarrow a few times to take the other boards home to my wood pile there.  I will cut them up and use them in my wood stove this Winter.   The boards in the following photo, today I hauled them to another stack of wood out in the middle pasture.  Now only the tree stump is left.  And will stay there for a while as I will let the cattle use the stump to rub against.  With only the stump left, it all looks nicer now than earlier with the tree trunk and all the wood piled there.


No comments: