Sunday, June 20, 2021

Tree stumps 14 and 15 for the year

I worked on tree stump 17 for the year today. I thought I was done with tree stumps for the year - but I guess not.   But first let me try to catch up on the former tree stumps I worked on this year.

Tree stump 14.

When I was leveling the dirt where I had dug the side roots around tree stump 13, and stacking the boards, I discovered tree stump 14.  Seriously!  When am I going to stop finding more tree stumps?! 

After doing a quick test of digging around the tree stump, I decided not to dig around this tree stump and remove it this year.  I have a feeling it will be a somewhat big stump even if the top of the stump looks to be decaying slightly.  I've seen that before and then found that stump was large and solid underneath.  I had a feeling that could happen to this stump too.  I worked on a lot of stumps this year and I want to be over with working on tree stumps for the year.  So, next year for this stump.



This photo of stump 14 was taken weeks later.  Yup.  The stump is still there after all that rain and after the grass started to grow.



Tree stump 15.

I found this stump - though not much left of it - a few weeks after finding stump 14. (I forgot to take a photo before starting to dig around this stump.)   This is what I hope to find when finding a stump starting to pop out of the ground.  I hope to find not much of a stump.  Something that is not hard to dig and get rid of.


The dry circle was what was coming out of the ground when I found the stump.


Here are a few photos of  a couple of prior stump locations.  I took these photos June 12 - the same day I took the third photo of stump 14 - and you can see how the grass is starting to grow back.

The former location of stump 2.

The former location of stump 5.

No comments: