Saturday, April 30, 2016

Trenching for electric

I am back to burying electric wire.  Friday my neighbor and I rented a trencher and split the cost.  The work went far quicker than we expected (a full day) as we both finished in half a day (4 hours).

While his work went across his driveway and involved lots of rock and gravel, my trench was in the pasture, and other than a couple minor tree roots, the ground was soft and easy to dig.  I finished in less than two hours.

The rental place this year has a new trencher.  The machine has tracks instead of wheels.  Also the controls for forward/reverse and turning was easier as the new machine had a handle instead of a joystick.



Last year's model


I still can't dig a completely straight line.  In my defense one has to dig walking backwards.



No comments: