Monday, April 11, 2016

Stump 1 bonfire

My first bonfire of 2016.  (I didn't have any stump burnings last year.)

Sunday night was perfect.  No wind.  Not hot. Not cold.  A crescent moon sank low in the night sky as the bonfire went on.

I had plenty of tree branches piled up since my last bonfire in 2014.

Daisy came out with me and spent the entire time with me.  When we first came out it wasn't dark yet.  The birds were all atwitter at the presence of a cat in their pasture.  Once it got dark the birds got quiet.   As the stump burned Daisy circled the area sitting and looking out into the darkness.  Later, when the fire was dying down and I stopped moving around adding branches to the fire, Daisy came and laid on my lap.  She was still alert and looking out into the darkness at things I could not see or hear.

The next morning the large stump was completely gone.

Note the shovel indicating the depth of the hole.











No comments: