Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Calf 1

I saw Buddy get it on with Panda first of all the cows last year just hours after Buddy was let back in with the cows.  Based on that the charts said the first calf would be born on March 31.

The first calf born this year was born on March 29.  And not to Panda.   Big Red was the mother.   What?!  I found the calf with Big Red just outside the corral fence.  The calf was born earlier that morning.  When I found him he was cleaned off and dry and was able to stand when I approached.

Yes, the first calf was a little bull calf.  Donna came by a few hours later and we put a band on his testicles to turn him into a steer.

As you can see, no sign of his mother in him.  Not red - a little black bronco-faced calf.   Cute though.


You're gonna do what to my testicles?!  Nope.  I'm out of here!

Dang.  I need to run but I'm still learning how to.   I'm just hours old.

I'm still mad at you for what you did to my balls.






No comments: