Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wood stove in June

Here it is mid-June.  A week before Summer officially begins.  Our high temperature today was 52 F.  20 degrees below our normal high.  It is cold, rainy, damp. Snow is falling at elevations above 5500 ft. Last night when I was working on my south pasture gate re-build it felt more like Fall, like the end of October more than the middle of June.  I was cold.

So.. today after I had my new car muffler installed, and bought a wheel to attach to my main corral's 16 ft long gate (Thanks for the idea Curt!), I came home and filled my wood stove with paper and wood and started a fire to warm up the house and me.

Did I mention this is mid-June and supposedly Summer?  And that we can probably could count on two hands the number of days this year the temperature has been above normal?  How we have been overall below normal temperature-wise since May 2010?  14 months is a long time for global warming to have passed us by!

The good news is that the weather forecast has a few days next week as having above normal temperatures.  Then it is back to cold and wet for the rest of the month.  Oh joy. 

No comments: