Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fixed a salt feeder

Friday I rebuilt the middle pasture's salt feeder holder as the board on the bottom was giving away.



The wood was so old and dry I could only pull out a few of the nails.  The others I broke off.  The nails were so old they were a rusty shadow of their former self.  Of course with the wood so old and dry pounding new(er) nails into the wood was a challenge.  Even though I knew a pile of cow manure was nearby I was so distracted/annoyed by the problem with the nails I kneeled in the manure.

I started late so it was dark by the time I finished rebuilding the feeder.  The coyotes howled loudly across the river.

The feeder is better than ever and is quite solid.  I added "feet" to the feeder to make it more stable as the cattle sometimes tip it over.

No comments: