Monday, June 13, 2011

Tree Stump 4

Here are the photos from the third tree stump Tammy and I burned back on May 29.

This stump is an old stump near the river in the south pasture.  Years ago I had burned a stump near this one.  I found this stump last year when I was digging a small hill next to where the old stump was burned.  When leveling the hill I found this stump.

It was a large stump but I ended up chopping and pulling out a third of it in order to dig deeper around the main root.  Therefore Tammy and I were able to burn this stump in a single fire.

We got a late start starting this bonfire as we didn't start until almost 10:30 pm.  We quit around 2 am.


That is the river in the background.







While the fire was hot, the heat was around the stump.  I tossed a magazine on top of the stump and it sat there for quite a long time with fire all around the stump before the magazine caught fire and burned up.



Even though it was a nice night - though on the cool side - we did have a brief rain shower past over.  That is why Tammy has the blanket over her head - to keep dry.



I forgot to take a photo of the stump before the burning, but here is what was left of the stump the next day.

No comments: