Monday, June 06, 2011

Tree Stump 1 - first night

Tammy and I burned a few tree stumps while she was here.  We burned all three tree stumps I wanted to get rid of in the south pasture.  I have a few more tree stumps in this pasture but either I am keeping them for the cattle to use as scratching posts or the stumps are too close to a live tree to safely burn.  The three tree stumps we burned are the ones I discovered last year after I thought I had gotten rid of all the stumps I no longer wanted in the south pasture.

Here is the stump after I dug around it to prepare it for burning.  This lets the stump dry more and also gives me more of an area to have a fire as the stumps barely peek above the ground.


The fire...



We had lots of embers rising from the fire.  The night was cool and the grass green so the embers never started any other fires.  But they were pretty.





Enjoying the fire

Here is a 40 second video of the bonfire.

No comments: