Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Hay cutting and Toby

I didn't get all my hay cut today.  I got sidetracked.  It was dewy this morning so I couldn't start cutting hay earlier.  I made a minor repair on the haybine.  Still early and dewy so I went and talked with my neighbor Curtis and told him about my tractor.  That wasn't a long conversation.  Then since it was still dewy I went to tell my neighbor "Larry" thanks as he was the one who suggested my tractor problem could be because of debris in the tank.  Larry wasn't home but his mother was.  Mother/son... we are probably talking ages of 80 and 60 years old.  I ended up talking with the mother for much longer than I realized.

When I got home I had an earlier phone message from my neighbor to the north.  Toby was over there.  I went and looked for Toby.  He wasn't there.  The neighbor didn't know where Toby went.  The neighbor doesn't close his gates.  I went looking.  Where is Toby?  He wasn't at the neighbors.  I finally found Toby in my hayfield.  He walked through the neighbors properties.  Walked to the road?  Then walked down to my driveway and came back home.  I had the gate open between the hayfield and backyard as earlier I had been working the haybine and I planned on buying more diesel for the tractor.  So I quickly herded Toby in the north pasture.  I plan to sell Toby at the livestock later this month so this wandering will end.


I bought diesel and then finally got to cutting hay.  Naturally I didn't get all my field cut.  Tomorrow I should finish.  Unless I get distracted.

No comments: