Friday, September 10, 2021

Hay bales put away

Today I moved the hay bales from the field over to the hayshed.  "Near" is an appropriate word as only 9 bales fit in the hayshed before I ran out of room inside.


Tomorrow I will put temporary corral panel around the bales to protect them once I let the cattle into this pasture later.  I also got a large tarp out and will install it later.  The tarp will better protect the bales from the rain and snow.  Rain is in the forecast starting Friday night.

The hayfield is now clear.  You can also see where the windrows were located.


Since the day I had trouble starting the tractor last week, the tractor always started each day.  Today after I started the tractor, it ran for a real short time, then quit.  Then it didn't want to start.  Oh, no. Not again!  Why?!   I tried starting the tractor four or five times before it started.   It then ran fine.  Later it would always quickly restart after I had to turn the tractor off to do something.

With the haying all done for the year I can now turn my attention to other projects, and get some fence rebuilding done.

No comments: