Monday, September 13, 2021

Hay tarp and fence boards added

Here is a photo of the tarp I used to cover my hay bales.



I added boards to the other side of my north/middle pasture gate.  I had thought the barb wires would be enough to make a fence, but after I added boards to the other side of the gate, Toby now would stick his head through the fence wires on this side of the gate in order to reach and check the cows standing on the other side right next to the fence. 

One time when he was really bulging through I yelled at him to "knock it off and get back!".  When he did, a few staple nails holding the wire to the fence post popped off.  So.. time to added some boards.

I don't know why, but the middle board makes me think of a guitar.  I might start calling this gate, the "guitar gate".   The middle board is one I got from my neighbor Curtis when he was sawing a log using his sawmill.  I decided to add a couple more small boards to complete the fence.

I also had to straighten the two fence posts.  Between the tight fence wires naturally pulling the two ends posts sideways over the years, Toby's stretching through the wire caused more tension and sideways slant to the posts.



No comments: