Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Yet another attempted cattle break-in

The cattle didn't find the bale of hay I put out yesterday.  Instead they (Toby) made a break-in for the weed hay.  I found the cattle by the weed hay in the afternoon.  Most cattle were taking a siesta with only a few cows nosing around the weed hay.



I straightened the panels and re-pounded the metal posts into the ground.  Several cows weren't happy.   Here they are telling me: "Silly rancher... weed hay is for us.  Just wait until you leave, we'll have Toby lift up the panels again."


I herded some of the cattle away towards the pasture with the bale of hay.  Once I switched to leading the cattle the rest of the cattle who were watching me came running.  They then ran to the middle/north pasture gate.  I went to the bale of hay and called them.  They were initially confused but once they saw the hay bale they came running.   Maybe now the cattle will stop messing with the weed hay corral and I can finally start on my next big project.

No comments: