Friday, October 12, 2018

Tree stump 10 bonfire

It looks like the cattle tried to get in to the weed hay but the corral held.  One panel was bent from their effort.  I attached field fence around the bottom of half the corral.  I'll see if that stops them from even trying.


Last Monday night, since the stump had mostly dried up after I cleaned around it, I burnt rotting tree stump number 10 for the year.  The wind picked up while I burned, but the grass was green and short due to the cattle and irrigation.  So no burning extended beyond the tree stump.



Tuesday, the next morning

Thursday - still a little smoldering action

On Friday, poking through the ashes I noticed a few spots that were still solid and no longer smoldering.  So I restarted small fires over these four areas.


No comments: