Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Attempted cattle break-in

Less than 24 hours in the south pasture... and this morning I found the cattle trying to break in the temporary corral around the weed hay.   They - mainly Toby I believe - tried to break in the south side of the corral.  Even though I had the panels anchored with two metal fence posts, for two panels one post was pulled out of the ground and the other post was broken free of the panel and outside the panel.   That mean the panels were lifted high enough to go over the fence post.   Toby has a very thick strong neck.   He was standing outside the panels when I arrived this morning.  For the south two panels, once I straightened them (somewhat), I now have three fence posts wired to the panels to hold them down.

Toby has ear tag number 50.

Busted!





Three fence posts


Other cattle news... the brief time Red's calf drank from her yesterday was all that was needed to get her milk flowing again. Red spent a good part of today in the middle pasture mooing for her calf in the corral. The good news is this is only one cow - Beulah's calf didn't trigger Beulah's milk to flow again.

No comments: