Sunday, October 07, 2018

Tree stumps 8 and 9

Friday night, in the south pasture, I burnt two more rotting tree stumps.  Earlier around these stumps I had placed bark, branches, and some of the rotten tree trunk wood.   I found when I burned the stumps that this material, while dry, had trapped some moisture in the rotting stumps.  Therefore I had smoky fires.

Stump 8

Stump 8

Stump 9



The next day the stumps were still smoldering.  As you can see below the stumps were not as far along being burnt as normal due to how moist the stumps were.  I broke the stumps apart and lit another small fire over them.  Sunday they are smoldering under ash and not so visible.

Stump 9

Stump 9

I have four more rotting stumps in the south pasture.  Saturday I removed the bark, branches, and rotting wood from around the stumps to allow them to dry more before I burn them.

No comments: