Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mountain bike

Monday evening at an on-line auction I bought a mountain bicycle.  The bicycle was won on my very last bid as I was not going to bid higher.  Today I picked the bicycle up from the auction building.

Prior to the auction I had visited the building to look at the bicycle in person.  I was able to briefly ride the bicycle in the aisle.  I shifted gears.   When I got the bicycle home and rode it I found I had tested the rear shifter but not the front shifter.  The front would shift to the larger chain-ring but would not stay shifted and would go back to the smaller chain-ring.  So I have to figure out how to fix the index shifting.

It is nice to have a backup bicycle.  And this bicycle I can ride across the pasture if I don't want to walk to the far end of the pasture.


No comments: