Friday, September 23, 2016

Cattle into the NE pasture again

Irrigating this Summer made a difference.  Usually by now the NE pasture has no extra grass and is mostly dormant.  This year I may have a few days of grass for the cattle to eat. After doing a few last minute preparations for the cattle this morning, this afternoon I let the cattle into the NE pasture after they finished their morning siesta.

Last minute preparations/protections:

Wrapped this tree

I added short pieces of field fence to the parts of the corral panels close to the hay bales as I didn't trust the smaller cows wouldn't try to get their heads through the panels in order to reach the hay.



The cattle were happy to go somewhere new and have new grass.  Yesterday when I was preparing/protecting the NE pasture the cattle stood at the gate and fence and demanded to be let in right then.  They were mad at me then.  Today they were happy with me.



Here is a 1 minute 9 second video of the cattle rushing into the NE pasture when I opened the gate.  Buddy got a little excited.  He must have thought I might try to close the gate on him.   #20 has a bad leg again.  This time it appears to be the right front leg.

https://youtu.be/jOJITyX3-Ns

No comments: