Monday, September 05, 2016

Buddy's third breakout

About a quarter to nine this morning I looked out my window.  The cattle were in the hayfield relatively near where Buddy breaks the fence.  I thought I had time and went to the bathroom.  When I got out I found Buddy had just broken through the fence in the exact same spot he broke the fence previously.  The metal t-posts I propped against the fence the previous day were useless in stopping Buddy. In the yard next to the broken fence were Buddy, Beulah and three calves.

I had the driveway gate already closed.  So I gathered up my bags of apples and put them in the garage.  Buddy quickly came to the patio for apples and he was surprised to find none.  I had a partially filled bag in hand and I led Buddy into the south part of the corral.

A short time later the calves came back to the corral to check out things.  I got them into the corral with Buddy.

Beulah was left and was still near the house.  I decided to patch the fence before the herd realized there was a hole there.  Then I realized that my two trees in the back yard weren't protected.  Beulah was near the corral and with a little encouragement I got her into the corral also.

Then I fixed the fence.  Later I got three thick boards and nailed on the hayfield side of the fence where Buddy breaks the fence.  If this doesn't stop Buddy then he'll have to stay in the corral until I pull the cattle from the hayfield.



In the short time Beulah was in the yard she broke the arborvitae shrub

Will this stop Buddy tomorrow morning?

Beulah in the back yard with jealous cattle looking on.

In the corral

Someone with Beulah

Daisy returning home after a long night of hunting.

Daisy doesn't mind getting wet from the morning dew. 

Ready for breakfast after a night of hunting.

Again... will this stop Buddy tomorrow morning?

Calf trying to get to the caragana shrub

Of course the cattle must check out the new area I am rebuilding a fence.


Here is a one minute seven second video of Buddy by the broken - now fixed - fence.  Buddy is only rubbing on the fence to scratch an itch but look at how the fence rocks.  https://youtu.be/Cm2H_LqSCEg


No comments: