Monday, November 02, 2015

Sun came out

Now that October is over maybe my luck with the re-roofing project will change in November.

While a cloudy day was forecast for Monday I had sunshine for much of the day. And I got a good amount of roof work done. The temperature was a little higher than forecast, and with the sun warming things up, I was able to unroll and install the third roll of asphalt roofing.   Good.  That's done.  The rest of the roof is planned on being three tab shingles and I can install them even if it is cooler temperatures.

I was able to remove half of the old three tab shingles on the south side of the roof.  If the good weather holds on Tuesday I plan to remove the rest of the old shingles and then start installing the new three tab shingles.

I didn't re-cover the roof with plastic and tarps as it doesn't seem like will rain overnight (crossing my fingers).




No comments: