Thursday, November 19, 2015

After the storm

I didn't walk out in the pasture to see if any trees where blown over, but from the house I don't see anything fallen.  The cattle all seem to have weathered the storm well.

The high winds of Tuesday night / Wednesday morning tore part of the asphalt roofing off the garage.  The tool shed roof is fine but the garage has a section about 2 ft by 7 ft long torn from the bottom.  I found a leftover section of the rolled roofing from back when I re-roofed that half of the garage roof ten or more years ago.  The temperature Wednesday was barely 40 degrees so the roll is stiff.  I brought the roll into the house to warm up and hopefully Thursday I can fix the roof.   *sigh*  Always fixing something or another around here this year.



The above photo is from my new camera.  My previous camera's screen in the back of the camera cracked and no longer showed images.  The past few weeks I have been taking photos blindly as I had no way of seeing what I was taking.

I decided that with my track record with cameras I wasn't going to spend several hundred dollars on a new camera.  The cameras don't seem to last more than a few years.  So I have been looking for a cheap simple camera.  I was waiting for Black Friday prices when I was at Walmart getting something else when I stopped to also look at their cameras.  They had a half dozen display models of cameras they were closing out.  While I have tried to avoid getting another Canon camera, the Canon Elph 150 IS camera was the best of the closeout bunch.  $79, so I bought it.  It doesn't have the sweeping panoramic mode which I miss.  I haven't tested it in a low light situation which is another feature I like, so we'll see.  It is better than what I had.

No comments: