Sunday, November 15, 2015

Diesel and oil change

This morning I drove my tractor a few miles over to the gas station to fill it up with diesel.   I chose Sunday morning as the traffic was light.  Now my tractor is ready for Winter.

Not your typical sight at a gas station


This gas station sells off-road red dyed diesel which is cheaper as it isn't taxed and is appropriate for my tractor.  The diesel cost $1.88 a gallon.



The other thing of note I did today was change the oil in my pickup.  Normally that isn't such a big deal, but I haven't personally changed oil in any of my vehicles since I graduated from college, got a job and moved into an apartment.  I got into the habit of taking my vehicle in to have the oil changed and that stuck with me over all these years, especially as my last car was so low to the ground.  It has been over 30 years since I changed the oil myself.  It went well other than the oil filter is under the engine near the oil drain plug.  Removing the filter was a little messy for me.

No comments: