Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Roof is done... finally

The forecast called for rain and snow Wednesday.  Thankfully the forecast was wrong.  Well, at least until after dark when a snow band passed through and dropped a quick dusting of snow.  The afternoon was dry and even had sun for a while.  As a result I was able to work on my tool shed roof.

I finishing shingling the roof.  I was able to complete the work using only one bundle of shingles and not two.  I actually needed two shingles from the second bundle to complete the roof's ridge cover but I decided to use a short piece of the old roofing that was in good condition.

The old roofing used as part of the ridge covering.

I would have finished the pole shed wall but I ended up helping my neighbor Curtis.  He bought another fix-up car and needed me to steer the car while he towed it home.  I have one more board to cut before nailing a few boards and then I'll be done.

I used the tabs trimmed off earlier to cover the wider gap along the roof's hump.

Completed ridge.

Completed roof

No comments: