Friday, November 27, 2015

Ranch Black Friday

This Black Friday I got items for the ranch.  Murdoch's was having 15% off store wide on most items.  Did that include large ag items?   When Donna's daughter and son-in-law visited Murdoch's Friday morning they were told that the large hay feeders were included in the 15% offer.

In the afternoon, after getting some tools at Ace Hardware's Black Friday sale, I visited Murdoch's.  Mid afternoon and their parking lot was full, with lots of shoppers in the store.

Yes, the hay feeders were 15% off.  So I bought another bull level heavy duty hay feeder to match the one I already have.  I used that feeder all last Winter with no ill effects to the feeder from the cattle pushing on it.

The way it seems to work - when I want a feeder or second feeder none are for sale at auctions, in the sale papers, or on Craigslist.  When I have one and don't need another one they are found for sale.  Rather than waiting even longer for a second feeder I bought this one 15% off for $675.  Metal feeders are not cheap.



No comments: