Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Snow

The weather forecast said the Winter storm and snow would arrive at 8 am this morning and that is what it did.  I woke up a few minutes after 8 am and saw snow when I looked out the window.  I went outside and opened the gate to the north pasture so the cattle could reach the hay able.

The cattle were in the middle pasture somewhat close to the north pasture fence and eyeing the hay.  They came when I opened the gate with Beulah and Mama in the lead.  They were so excited they ran to the right to the corral and not left to the hay in the feeder. I walked over to the feeder and called them and they turned and came running to the feeder.

Buddy was his cool calm self and was still grazing in the middle pasture.  He then walked to the fence to look at the herd at the hay.  I called for him and after turning around a few time came to me at the gate and then walked over to join the cattle at the feeder.

Several cattle low on the pecking order had to wait to eat from the hay bale as the other cattle pushed them away while they ate.




At the river I could see clumps of snow floating.



Daisy and I pretty much spent the day inside as it snowed until the afternoon and the wind blew strong and will continue to blow strong until 5 am tomorrow.

I did ride 5 miles on my bicycle in the afternoon.  Riding was slower than usual due to the snowy and icy road.

No comments: