Sunday, November 08, 2015

Major roof progress

It was suppose to rain on Sunday but the rain held off until after dark.  So I was able to work much of the day on my tool shed roof.

Saturday when I wasn't baling straw I worked on the tool shed roof.   I was able to installed the starter course of shingles and then install four rows of shingles.

Sunday I got an early start to beat the predicted rain.  I was able to shingle the entire south side of the roof.  I also shingled part of the north roof where the rolled roofing didn't cover, the 1 foot 9 inch section off to the side of the roof. 

All I have left is to shingle the foot or so above the rolled roofing.  The forecast is not looking good as the weather is supposed to be mostly rain or snow this upcoming week.

This shows the roof 'bump' where several studs sit higher than the other studs.


Completed south side

No comments: