Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fallen tree

I had a causality from last Thursday's wind storm. A large tree in my south pasture blew over. *sigh* Every year it seems as if another tree is blown over.

I have enough split wood to heat my house at least one winter. I have enough logs stacked in the back yard ready to be split to heat my house at least one winter. I have enough fallen trees in the pasture - and sitting on supporting branches so the tree trunk is off the ground - to heat my house at least one winter. The last thing I need is another tree to limb and dry. But that's what I got.

At least when it blew over it did not fall on any cattle.


Here is a photo of a long time fallen tree. Since it is supported by another tree and off the ground I have left it for now until I have time to cut it up and have a place to store the wood.

No comments: