Saturday, July 19, 2008

2 hikes, 1 long day

What a long day on Saturday!

I got up after 5 am.
Met the hiking group at 7 am.
Was on the first trail to Ptarmigan Tunnel after 10 am.
Got off the second trail to Iceberg Lake at 7:30 pm.
For once, I saw lots of icebergs in the lake.
Saw a humongous moose.
Finished supper at 8:15 pm.
Drove over Logan Pass after 9 pm.
Saw the "day after" full moon rise over the mountains at 11 pm.
Got home after 11 pm.
It is about midnight now and I am ready for bed.

I hiked about 16.5 miles.
I climbed about 3100 ft in elevation.

I took over 200 photos.

I went butt skiing. On purpose. In fact I went really fast butt skiing down the side of a mountain. And survived.

I met a woman who hikes with a group that does "off trail" hikes. Interesting off trail hikes. I plan to hike with them on Wednesday. To the top of some mountain or another. And Brian... last year this group hiked down into the valley above Bird Woman Falls. Wrap your mind around that one!

I had a great time.

Now to get the time to writeup the hike. I have three hikes in front of this one to write up. Where does the time go?

No comments: