Friday, November 24, 2006

Fencing the thumb

Old news now... several weeks old... but I finally fenced the thumb of property I own. This will be a deterrent to the cattle that cross the river to the thumb then follow deer trails to the neighbor's property.

The first photo was taken before the fence was built.





Non 'thumb' fencing photos...

Remember when I wrote about the Holsteins getting out last summer? Here are photos of the two places they had broken through the simple fence. I think it would be a challenge to just find and get to this fence, but they did. The photos are after I repaired the fence and placed some branches against the fence to make it seem sturdier than it is.



On the subject of fences... here are photos of the lower south fence I rebuilt a few years ago. I replaced a broken down barb wire and tree branches fence with this wire fence.



All this fencing ain't pretty, but it works.

My uncle Curt told me he is coming here next year to help me fence. (I have lots left to do.) For some reason he told me he prefered to help me fence than go hiking in Glacier Park. (Something to do with heights I think.) I'm not complaining! To each his own.

No comments: