Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Curtains

This probably isn't too interesting to most of you, but today I replaced my kitchen curtains with a blind. I wasn't too keen on the curtains as they hung almost to the counter top and sometimes was in the way. And I wasn't too fond of the look and colors of the curtains.

Another dislike was that even when open, the curtains blocked part of the window on the sides. With this cloudy weather, and how the windows are located, cloudy days make for a dark inside of the house. I want all the natural light I can get. (One of my future projects is to put skylights in similar to what my friend Jeff has: tubes that allow natural light to reach inside through the roof).

Over the weekend I ran across some blinds that I had accumulated from auction stuff I had gotten. I planned to use the blinds on the garage windows. I found one blind was the correct size for my kitchen window. While waiting for return phone calls I decide to switch the curtains over to blinds.

I know the blinds aren't that decorative, but I don't have the decorating gene. I think that is a female thing as all my prior girlfriends had excellent decorating taste. These blinds are funtional and will do the job until I get a girlfriend who can improve my living conditions.

No comments: