Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spraying, apples, and a jailbreak

Today I finished spraying the pastures.  All the pastures.  Wow. This is the first time I have sprayed 100% of the property.  (I'm not counting the thumb as that is mainly trees).  It took me long enough as I started waaay back the end of July.  I didn't spray every day, but I did more often than not spray a little each day.

The north pasture was sprayed twice and most of the middle pasture was sprayed twice as I often crossed it when going to spray the south pasture.

Lots of dead weeds in the pastures now.   Hopefully most of the weeds will be gone for good and next year the time I will spend spraying will be less than a week instead of over a month and a half.   We can dream can't we?

Wow.  It's hard to believe I am done spraying for the year.  Now what will I do with my time?   ...yeah right.


Each evening I have to pick up the apples that have fallen to the ground.  Else the deer eat them.  Lately I have had to get the apples earlier as the deer caught on and started coming to the apple tree around sunset.  A few days last week I surprised a deer eating my apples.  The deer was so surprised that it dropped a half eaten apple then ran.  By checking the apples earlier I am now finding more apples on the ground.


Baby was up to her tricks this morning.  I heard the horses making a noise at the corral gate and went outside to see Baby in the backyard.


She was rechecking stuff she had seen before.   Momma was relaxed but when Baby ranged far she would make her "meep" mooing sounds.  When Baby got close to the corral gate and the horses Momma really voiced her concern.




Is this where I got through the fence?   Noooo...

Three minute forty-six second video of Baby's latest jailbreak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmu00Ne1kiE


What with all her jailbreaks, my Uncle Curt thinks we should call Baby, "Houdini".

No comments: