Saturday, September 29, 2012

Several auctions and a fundraiser

Today I went to two auctions today and didn't get anything.  More importantly I didn't spend all day getting nothing.

The first auction was of a business in Columbia Falls that recycled items from home or business remodels.   The stuff they had mostly was suited for the dump.  Who in this day and age wants a lime green sink and bathtub?  No wonder that business was going under.

I was in and out of that auction pretty quick.  It had taken me longer to drive there.

The second auction was south of Kalispell off of the Willow Glen road.   By the time I got there at noon the auction had been going for three hours.  They had lots of stuff left.  When I was there they were mainly selling guns, paintings and some miscellaneous stuff mixed in.  Lots of stuff was left in the garage and more stuff was in and around another large building.  I saw several metal water troughs, two nice looking 1/2 hp water pumps, and a pile of 8 ft metal t-posts.   All these items were outlining three different rows at the south, north and west edges of stuff to be sold.  In other words, it would be hours before this stuff would be auctioned.   I had things to do so I didn't make an afternoon of it.  Besides lots of people were at the auction and quite a number of people brought folding chairs.

Some of the crowd.

Seal skin boots

Two carriages for sale
Sleigh

Old Maytag washing machine

Later in the day I talked with my neighbor.  He also was at the auction - just not the short time I was there.  He bought a back blade for his tractor.  He said the water troughs were all lumped together in one sale but didn't know what they sold for.  By then the auctioneer was just trying to get done.  Not everything was sold and by the end the auctioneer asked people to bring up stuff they were interested in, else the remaining stuff would wait until Spring when another auction was planned for more stuff the people had.

On the way home from the auction I drove by the Boys and Girls Club building where they were having a fundraiser.  Tammy and her new Tastefully Simple consultant, Serena, had a table there to sell their product.

Serena's daughter dressed up in a mascot outfit and entertained people or attracted attention to people driving by.  She was a kangaroo or a dragon or whatever your imagination pictured her as.


No comments: