Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sick and broken

Other than four small crackers I haven't eaten from Tuesday night until now. My brother brought home another version of the flu and I again caught it. The symptoms were 90% of what I had in February. That 10% difference must be why I caught the flu as I thought one is inoculated after getting the flu.

Other than visits to the bathroom I spent the entire day in bed. This is not how I like to spend a day in bed. I felt so lousy I couldn't even think on how I'd like to spend a day in bed.

While nauseous, I didn't have to face the porcelain god, though I spent a good amount of time on the throne.

My stomach rumbled like slow low thunder across an evening sky. I drank water in moderation as my stomach wanted nothing. By evening I dared four small crackers before turning in for the night. Several hours later I again had to visit the porcelain throne after a long absence. Then every half hour for the next three hours. It was only four small crackers!

I got a small abrasion on my arm now. When I first came down with the flu I slipped down part of the stairs. I remained upright but later felt the abrasion. No idea what I rubbed against.

Not daring much this morning, and still without appetite, I held off on eating until now. My mother had a doctor's appointment this afternoon I didn't want to have to memorize bathroom locations. By late afternoon my energy was drained and I was cranky.

To make matters more difficult the Commission on Aging called to tell me that the wheelchair lifts on all three of their buses were broken and they would be unable to transport mom to her doctor's appointment. Rather than reschedule my brother and I drove mom to her appointment using her car. This worked better than we expected. I thought the twisting to get into the car would be too much, but mom did just fine. We even stopped for ice cream cones at the Dairy Queen before returning home.

No comments: