Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rain and window frame

It has been raining off and on all day. A dark dreary wet day, but one that is needed. It had gotten so dry the past few weeks we started to have grass fires around Minot again. The County put a burn ban back in place a few days ago.

My swollen face continued to get better. I am peeling like mad though now.

I took one of mom's basement window frames in to a glass shop yesterday to get new glass. Somehow both panes of the window glass broke in this window and my brother had covered the frame in plastic. Not a good thing in North Dakota over the winter time to have plastic on the window.

Now that it is warmer, and before I return to Montana, I had new glass put in the window frame. The cost came to almost $36 for the two simple panes of glass. Nothing is cheap these days. I'm currently waiting for the putty to dry before standing the window up and putting it back in place.

While waiting for the window to be fixed I went next door to a thrift store run to raise money for the Boys Ranch. Surprisingly I found a few pants in my size. Now I can retire those patched up jeans I use when working on the ranch as these newer pants are in much better condition than my old pants. I also found several pairs of shorts good for hiking with plenty of pockets.

No comments: