Friday, May 03, 2024

Another day, another tree branch

I cut off another branch from my box elder tree.  Another high branch.  Not as big of a branch, but it still took some time to cut the branch.  And while I didn't have to change my position when cutting the branch, I did have to cut from one side of the branch, then the other side of the branch.  Otherwise it felt like my saw blade was starting to get stuck in the first cut.

This branch was even higher than the previous branch I cut.  The previous branch was around 30 feet high.  This branch was 35 plus feet high.   It is hard to see, but the pole saw can be seen starting near the red arrow and going right and down slightly.



I had to climb to the top of my extension ladder and stand with one foot on the ladder and the other foot in the tree.  Since I was on the ladder I could take a couple sections off the pole saw and still reach the branch.



The view down from where I stood.



Before and after.  I zoomed the camera to take the photos.



You can see where the branch hit the ground after it fell.


And where the branch ended up laying.


No comments: