Sunday, January 04, 2009

Saturday's snow photos

This is the view from my front window this morning.

All the snow on the windmill now prevents it from turning.

In the middle of the photo above the windmill you can see the steam rising from the creek across the road.


Photo 1: what I have left to shovel today.
Photo 2: steam rising from the fence where I shoveled the snow before breakfast.


Photo 1: the pumphouse covered in snow. I didn't turn on any heat source inside the pumphouse. Between the insulation I had added to the pumphouse a few years ago, and the snow covering lots of the shed, the pump did not freeze overnight even though my thermometer said it got down to -10 F.

Photo 2:
frost falling from the willow tree


The snow is so deep I don't see any grass poking up out of the snow in the hayfield. Nor do I see any deer tracks in the usual spots where they cross the field.



Look at all the snow on the fence's rails.


A bird out my front window.


The ski runs at Big Mountain resort.

No comments: