Saturday, January 03, 2009

Lots of snow

We had over 14 inches of snow Friday. More than predicted by the weather forecasters. Everything was buried. The radio said no travel was advised and I noticed no vehicles were out and about on the road.

The snowplow drove by early afternoon and went slow enough to not have it's snow wreck my mailbox. Then I began to see some vehicles out and about on the road. I noticed they slowed way down when meeting other vehicles so I imagine they were taking care not to go off the road.

I don't know if the mail came. It usually arrives before the time the snowplow drove by. I learned from Jan that the vehicle I saw in the ditch Wednesday was the mail lady.

I shoveled snow today. And shoveled. And shoveled. I cleared a path to many of the buildings. Then I cleared off the driveway between the garage and the house and then down to where the fence starts. That took all afternoon. Tomorrow I will shovel off the driveway to the road.

By the garage the snow pile is over 6 ft tall. For some spots I am running out of places to throw the snow.

I am tired of, and tired from, shoveling snow. My back muscles are better now but by the time I finished shoveling snow for the day I could feel them all around my back and could tell where each started and ended.

After the sun went down the clouds went away. This is good and bad. Good as it finally stopped snowing - though I swear it was still snowing for a while under a clear sky with the partial moon shining. Bad in the temperature dropped below zero.


No comments: