Thursday, January 15, 2009

Glacier talk on a nice day and women

The weather back in North Dakota and Minnesota may be frightful but here in Montana it was nice. Our high temperature today was 42 F with sun at times. I did some repairs on my bicycle then rode it uptown to drop a couple DVDs off at the library then go over to a church to attend a meal and a lecture on Glacier Park and the Sun Road. My biggest problem riding my bicycle was the wet roads and the water/mud thrown on me by my rear bicycle wheel. It is nice to have a break from Winter and all that snow.

The meal and lecture was for a group Joyce, Bill, Marilyn, Peter and Edwina belong to. I think it is for older retired people and I noticed that, other than the help in the kitchen with preparing and serving the meal, I was by far the youngest person in attendance. Peter, a former pastor, was leading the group now that the former pastor had a stroke and retired from leading the group.

I arrived after the meal started and was surprised to find the room full of people. Joyce found me a place at the table Bill and Marilyn sat at.

The speaker was a former park employee who had worked on the road. He knew the history of the road's creation 75 years ago and had spoken both at 2008's 75th anniversary of the road's completion and at the 1983 50th anniversary. He was a good speaker.

After catching up with everyone, and also getting to meet Joyce's eldest daughter, I headed back home.

I have to get to bed earlier tonight as we plan to cross country ski Friday in area of the Park I just learned has a cross country ski trail. And I still have yet to write up and select the photos from our 14.5 mile cross country ski adventure in the Park last Monday.

Plus Sue Ann has been after me to call a friend of hers and introduce myself and wish her Happy Birthday. I am ambivalent about it. I have seen her once and she is very attractive. But overall I am happy with my life, and even though meeting her may be good, I am not sure I want change right now. But change can be good, can't it? Well... we'll see.

Which reminds me... apparently there is a woman - whom I have never met - in Columbia Falls that is mad at me because of Sue Ann. Apparently after meeting this woman Sue Ann thought she introduce us. She told this woman this, but later changed her mind thinking this woman was too fat for me. However, instead of telling this woman that she, Sue Ann, changed her mind, Sue Ann told her I was a skinny active guy and didn't want to go out with a fat woman. According to Sue Ann this woman told her something "I am happy with who I am and if he doesn't accept me for who I am..." etc, etc. And now she is apparently mad at me. Me, who has never met her, hasn't known about her, has no opinion on her, etc., etc. I just learned about this situation from Sue Ann Monday when we were skiing. Thanks Sue Ann.

No comments: