Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the skis again

The weather forecast was for a trace up to 2 inches of snow. We got 4 inches. Wednesday after I shoveled off my driveway and around my yard I decided to test my cross country shoe repair for my skis. My glue job worked excellently as the sole stayed on the whole time. It helped that I did not crash once.

The temperature was near freezing and while, with calm wind and sun, this made for a perfect afternoon, the snow was touch sticky. I know... last time I went skiing the snow was a touch too slippery for my skis. Today when I kept moving my skis glided beautifully. When I stopped the snow would stick until it eventually wore off from skiing again. The nice thing was that I had traction when going up steeper inclines.

I skied all the pasture boundaries and even the hayfield boundary. I could have skied more. It was great skiing.

The last week or so the view from the house had me thinking that some large tree branches had broken off and/or down. I confirmed my suspicion.





No comments: