Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pink mountain snow

Here is the view I had Tuesday afternoon at sunset. I was out for a bicycle ride and watched the mountains as I rode. The snow has really brought out the shape of the mountains. In the summer when all is green the mountains blend into one another. I think the shadows on the white is what brings the definition out. But the time I got back home and got my camera the sunset/color was past its peak.


I also have discovered that I can see the Blacktail ski resort from the ranch. I had thought the red light I seen at night was a radio/tv tower on top of the Lone Pine State park mountain. But last weekend I noticed lights as if from buildings and ski runs, similar to what I see at Big Mountain ski area. The next day I looked during the day and noticed the top of Blacktail's ski runs. This is the first I have been here in the winter when Blacktail was open. In the summer one can't make out the ski runs. I believe Blacktail is over 20 miles away from here.

No comments: