Thursday, September 13, 2007

Recovering

Yesterday I hiked 21.5 miles over the Continental Divide and two mountain passes with a side trip to the top of Lincoln Peak. Much more than 3400 feet elevation change as that is just the elevation change from Sperry Chalet to Lake McDonald. Partly in the wind and rain and cold because of a backdoor cold front from Canada that was trying to get across the mountains. On 5 1/2 hours sleep. I felt fine during the hike, but when I got home I quickly fell asleep on the couch only to wake a few hours later to go to bed. I think I slept almost 13 hours. I guess my "real age" is 50 and not the 30 the test claimed I was.

So today has been a slow day for me. A recovery day.

The Sun Road will be closed 10 pm Sunday night for the season. I want to do at least one more hike from Logan Pass before the road closes. I have my mind set on climbing Oberlin Mountain. I had planned on doing it Saturday, but Theresa called tonight and said she and her husband can visit me Saturday afternoon. I met her through my blog and it would be nice to meet them in person as they are visiting Glacier Park.

So the Oberlin Mountain climb will be tomorrow. I better get to bed earlier tonight. At least tomorrow's hiking mileage won't be much.

No comments: