Thursday, September 27, 2007

Early night and miscellaneous

I need to make this an early night. Tomorrow my hiking group is hiking the Dawson-Pitamakin Loop on the east side of Glacier Park out of the Two Medicine valley. Many rank this as the best hike in Glacier Park.

This hike has been off-and-on all week but it appears people with other conflicts decided to do this hike. I feel if we don't do the hike now, then we won't do the hike until next year as opportunities for high elevation hikes are disappearing with the Fall weather and snow at the high elevations. We moved this hike from Friday to Thursday as tomorrow will be the best weather for the foreseeable future. Friday, rain and a cold front will arrive.

The length of the hike will be 18.8 miles with two passes to cross: Dawson and Pitamakin. The elevation gain (and loss) is 2935 Ft. The highest elevation we will be at is 8099 ft. I sure hope the snow from the weekend rain/snow has melted.

Since the trail is on the east side, and it get dark earlier, we will be leaving here at 7 am. So I need to finish eating supper and get to bed.

Before I go, just to let you know my car is fixed. Sort off. The flex pipe was replaced and my car is now quiet. It is back to being a "ninja car". I didn't replace the starter. So far the car has started ever since. I'll see how long that lasts.

I finished replacing the fence posts along the driveway. I have to fix the posts on the hayfield side of the front yard.

I made another apple pie today. But with my early bedtime, I'll have to eat my first slice of it tomorrow after my hike.

I also cleaned all the windows on the house. With this cooler weather I need all the "solar energy" I can get from the sunshine.

A few nights ago the temperature dropped to 31 degrees. I hadn't covered my garden but so far it looks like only the very tops of a few plants were damaged by frost. I think the wet ground may have protected the garden from worse damage.

No comments: