Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dan and Theresa visit

Today Dan and Theresa from Connecticut visited me. They are a couple I met via my blog when they came across my blog when researching for their first trip to Glacier Park.

They had read about my ranch and wanted to see it. We walked around and I showed them the river, fallen trees, fences, corral, garden, etc., etc. They gamely climbed through barb wire fences to cross from the north pasture to the middle pasture then to the south pasture. When we were in the SW part of the south pasture the trees were filled with birds singing and chirping. Dan helped me move a salt stand from the south to the middle pasture. We picked and ate some apples from my tree. We didn't look at my pocket gopher traps as Theresa didn't want to see a dead gopher.

Then I joined them when they went downtown Kalispell to visit the Western Outdoor store. They had heard an ad for the store that mentioned the store had many cowboy boots. Theresa wanted a new pair of cowboy boots and found a nice pair that she bought. We also visited the antique store downstairs and Theresa found a pretty teapot for her mother.

After getting coffees, and a huckleberry ice cream cone for me, next door at Norm's News, we drove to Bigfork to do a quick look at their downtown then see Flathead Lake.

We had a nice visit. They have had a nice time visiting most parts of Glacier Park this past week and plan to come back next year. Yesterday when I was climbing Oberlin Mountain they were hiking to Hidden Lake. There were so many cars in the parking lot I didn't see their rental car. However when I returned to my car I found a small rock on the ground next to my driver's door. Theresa left it there for me. I guess I am known for liking rocks.

This photo is from our visit to a state park south of Bigfork.

No comments: